Steps In Diagnosing and Repairing Computers
1) Question customer to determine details of problems.
2) Use visual and audio indications to determine systems problem.
3) Identify problems as customer sees it; try and recreate the problem
4) Determine if the problem is hardware, software, environment or operator.
5) Confirm that working components are actually working by performing the standard test to check microprocessor, display, hard drive, and printer.
6) Identify probable actions to take to correct system problem.
7) Determine when to use appropriate diagnostic tools, aids, test equipment.
8) If you have to use tools, aid, and test equipment use them effectively.
Follow all safety procedures and reduce all risk of ESD.
1) Once the problem is identified, now you’ll need to a point of attack.
2) Write down problem and write the possible ways to correct the problem.
3) Follow standard procedures to remove and replace FRUs (case cover, main board, power supply, memory, video adapter…etc.)
4) After correcting the problem, verify that the problem is fixed.
5) Explain the functions performed for correcting the problem.
6) Reassemble, clean, test and adjust system.
7) If possible ask the customer to test the system to make sure all is working properly.